Career Opportunities

Frequently Asked Questions


Motor Vehicle


What other public services can police officers provide?


Most police officers are trained to provide general community support services for the public. Those services include, but are not limited to, home inspections, wellness checks, security audits and child vehicle safety assistance.

Some popular public services can be found on our public services page.

How can I obtain a copy of a crash report?

You can request it.

Crash reports are usually available 5 business days after the accident has occurred.

Once an officer has finished evaluating your accident, they will provide you with a business card that contains a unique number that identifies your specific accident report. Include and use that unique number when requesting your crash report either via email or over the phone. The contact information is shown below:

Phone: (856) 423-4322


How do I obtain a firearms (gun) license?

You must request, complete and apply for the license.

All firearms applications are electronically submitted via the New Jersey State Police Firearms Application & Registration System (FARS).

Download the East Greenwich PD Firearms Guide for step-by-step instructions regarding how to obtain your firearms license. You can download the guide using the link below.

Download: Firearms Application Process

Does East Greenwich have a juvenile curfew?

Yes. East Greenwich Township, by ordinance, has a juvenile curfew, year-round.

The curfew hours are: Sunday through Thursday, 10 p.m.; Friday and Saturday, 11 p.m. In addition, curfew times may change, by resolution of our township committee, especially around certain holidays, such as Halloween. Please watch for notice of same in the East Greenwich Township newsletter.

Can I pay my traffic ticket online?


As long as your ticket does not state your appearance in court as a requirement, you can pay your tickets online via the NJ Muncipal Court Online systems. The link is provided below:

Pay Tickets Online: NJMCDirect

Is the East Greenwich Police Department currently hiring?


Information regarding employment by the East Greenwich Police Department can be found on our Careers Page. If you've been asked, or choose to submit your application or resume for review, please send them to the email address provided below.


Can I submit an anonymous tip?


There are two options for submitting anonymous tips. You can call our tip hotline using the number shown below or you can email our tip team using the email provided below.

Tip line Dispatch: (856) 589-0911

Tip line Email:

Is a motorized scooter or skateboard considered a motor vehicle?


A motorized scooter or skateboard falls under the definition of “motor vehicle” in N.J.S.A. 39:1-1. A “motorcycle” includes all motor-operated bicycles, whether it has a seat or a “platform on which the driver stands”. Accordingly, such devices may not be operated on public property or roadways because they do not meet the State and Federal Department of Transportation standards for motorcycles. It is not conceivable the manufacturer intended for this vehicle to be licensed as a motorcycle since it does not bear the necessary DOT certification. As with other motorized vehicles which are prohibited from being operated on public roads, the Go-Ped would be restricted to use on private property provided the owner of the property consented to such use.

When someone is arrested does that become a public record?


All arrests are public record under New Jersey law. The procedure for finding the information on a specific arrest depends on where the arrest occurred. East Greenwich Municipal Court does not have a system that allows you to check on cases through the internet.

Are there any sex offenders living in East Greenwich Township?

Due to the current state of the Megan's Law issue, such information is not allowed to be released by the East Greenwich Township Police Department. The following is information provided to inform Township Resident's of the facts of Megan's Law.

A Message From the Attorney General: Prompted by the tragic murders of Megan Kanka and Amanda Wengert, citizens of the state demanded a law that would let them know when a convicted sex offender is living in their neighborhood. Governor Christine Todd Whitman and the State Legislature responded by approving a series of laws collectively known as "Megan's Law."

Megan's Law created a registration and notification procedure to alert law enforcement, schools, community organizations and neighbors to the presence of a sex offender which authorities believe may pose a risk to the community. This information is designed to enhance public safety and awareness. However, no law can guarantee the protection of a child. There is no substitute for common sense safety precautions, such as teaching our children whom to trust and knowing where they are at all times.

We are all partners in making this law work. We have an obligation to act responsibly with the information we have. No one has the right to take the law into his or her own hands by threatening or harming a sex offender.

Vigilante acts will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Megan's Law:

Megan's Law went into effect on October 31, 1994. All convicted sex offenders released from custody since that date are required to register. These persons must re-register every year. In addition, those who were on parole or probation at the time the law went into effect, must also register. Convicted sex offenders found to be compulsive and repetitive are also required to register, regardless of the date of conviction. Some registrants must register every 90 days.

Megan's Law requires convicted sex offenders to register with the local police in the jurisdictions they will or do reside. These convicted sex offenders are evaluated and placed in one of three tiers, based on the level of risk they may pose. Each tier level results in a different level of notification.

Notification can proceed only after the court has a hearing and issues the order allowing notification. At this hearing, the registrant has the right to be heard. After the hearing the judge may authorize notification, and can limit the notification to specific organizations or individuals. New Jersey law authorizes the Division of State Police to make available to the public over the Internet information about certain sex offenders required to register under Megan's Law. The sex offender Internet registry law can be found in the New Jersey Code at 2C:7-12 to -19.

For additional Information:

For more information on Megan's Law, contact the East Greenwich Township Police Department at (856) 423-4322 or the Gloucester County Prosecutor's Office (856) 384-5500, and ask to speak with someone in the Megan's Law Unit.

Is it legal to use a moped in East Greenwich Township?

Yes, but only with conditions and restrictions.

NJ Moped laws state you be at least 15 years old to get a moped permit. After you pass a written test. you can drive during daylight hours only. After you pass a road test you get a permanent moped license. Any one that has an automobile license can drive a moped with no special license. You must wear a helmet, have a registration, insurance and license plate. Insurance is $78.00 a year at this time. Pedals required, 25mph maximum speed and 1.5 brake horsepower. This law was effective in June of 1983.

Where can I find or obtain arrest records?

At the arresting agency or County Clerk.

To check for an arrest in the East Greenwich area you will need to go to the law enforcement agency that made the arrest, or go to the Gloucester County Clerk of Court offices. The Clerk has a computer terminal in the office where you can use to check on cases filed.

Is it legal to use a quads, dirt bikes or other ATV variants in East Greenwich Township?

Yes, but only with conditions and restrictions.

More information on NJ state and EGPD twp specifics should go here.

Where can I find Early Warning System information?

By clicking the link below.

You can download detailed information regarding the East Greenwich Police Departments Early Warning System in Adobe *.pdf format via the link below.

Download: Early-Warning-SystemsInfo.pdf

Are helmets required for non-motor vehicles such as bicycles, scooters, skateboards, rollerblades and/or roller skates?

Yes, but there are special circumstances.

We need some information about helmet specifics for non-motorized vehicles.